Senior Bridge Design Engineer
The New Orleans, LA office of Modjeski and Masters is looking for a Structural Engineer with 7+ years of bridge design experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BSCE from an ABET accredited college or university and
- Registered Professional Engineer, preferably in Louisiana.
- Lead and coordinate the structural analysis, design, detailing and contract plan preparation of multiple bridge projects, with guidance from Project Managers;
- Provide guidance and direction to Structural Bridge Engineers I thru IV;
- Act on behalf of the Project Managers in project planning, development of design approaches, monitoring of project schedules and budget hours, and in the quality control of deliverables;
- Investigate and resolve unique structural design and detailing issues;
- Assist in development of technical and price proposals;
- Interact with clients, subconsultants, contractors, fabricators on a routine basis and
- Participate in presentations to clients, agencies and the public.
- Experience with LADOTD bridge design and/or load rating analysis is preferred, including broad knowledge of bridge analysis, design, and detailing methods;
- Possesses or has the ability to develop effective leadership and communication skills necessary to lead teams of engineers and technicians;
- Problem-solving skills necessary to help resolve both design and detailing issues;
- Increased understanding of global project aspects, including the proposal process, management of time and resources, and coordination with Subconsultants and other engineering disciplines;
- Ability to coordinate the design efforts on concurrent projects.
If interested and qualified for this position, please include a cover letter when applying. Thank you.