Christopher Ahlskog Promoted to Technical Manager
Modjeski and Masters, Inc. (M&M) is pleased to announce the appointment of Christopher Ahlskog to Technical Manager.
Since joining the firm in 1998, Mr. Ahlskog has gained experience in structural analysis, load rating, the design of new bridges, and the rehabilitation of existing bridges—including highway, railroad, and movable bridge structures. He also has experience with both routine bridge and maintenance inspections of many different structure types and with construction inspections.
In addition, Mr. Ahlskog sits as a voting member on the AWS D1.7 Strengthening and Repair Committee and is actively involved in several other AWS Committees. He is a firm-wide welding resource that has reviewed welding submittals for numerous construction projects and has reviewed and made recommendations for welded details and material selection for new and rehabilitation designs. In his new role, Mr. Ahlskog will coordinate welding-related reviews and provide guidance for welding in design projects across the firm.
Mr. Ahlskog has contributed to many notable projects, including:
- Macombs Dam Bridge and Expressway Rehabilitation - New York, NY
- Pennsylvania DOT - Freeport Bridge, Freeport, PA
- RK-23 Manhattan Approach Ramps Reconstruction & Rehabilitation, Manhattan, NY
- Norfolk Southern Corporation - Portageville Bridge Replacement, Portageville, NY
- Tennessee DOT - I-40 over the French Broad River. Oak Grove, TN
- Virginia Department of Transportation - Gilmerton Vertical Lift Bridge, Gilmerton, VA
- Tennessee DOT - SR 56 Hurricane Truss Bridge, Nashville, Tennessee
“Chris has demonstrated consistent technical excellence throughout his time at M&M. The firm relies on him for his expert knowledge in the area of welding. We are excited to have him lead the company’s welding group, including M&M’s involvement in national welding organizations,” said Dan McCaffrey, project manager in the firm’s National Bridge Group.
Mr. Ahlskog earned his B.S. in Civil Engineering from New Mexico State University. He holds Professional Engineering licensure in Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., and New Mexico. Mr. Ahlskog is also a Certified Welding Inspector through the American Welding Society and has training covering topics in both welding and metallurgy.