Chris Smith Promoted to Senior Project Manager
Modjeski and Masters, Inc. (M&M) is pleased to announce the appointment of Chris Smith, PE to Senior Project Manager.
Mr. Smith joined M&M in 1999 and is the Assistant Regional Director of the Pennsylvania Structures Business Unit, managing projects since 2015. He has been extensively involved in the design, rehabilitation, and load rating of various types of bridge throughout the Commonwealth and nation and now focuses much of his efforts on pursuing and winning projects from M&M’s numerous Pennsylvania and Maryland Clients.
"Chris’s leadership role in marketing and business development for the PA Structures Group has resulted in key project wins in the recent past. His ability to build sound relationships with both fellow consultants and our core clients, through both successful project management and delivery, as well his active participation in professional societies is expected to lead to continued success for M&M. He continues to be seen as a mentor for our younger staff and is active in promoting their career development," stated Todd McMeans, PE, Director of the Pennsylvania Structures Business Unit.
Mr. Smith has contributed to many notable projects, including:
- SR 356 over Allegheny River Bridge Rehabilitation and Reconstruction, Freeport, PA
- M-231 over Grand River New Bridge Design, Grand Haven, MI
- Portageville Bridge Replacement Bridge, Letchworth State Park, NY
- SR 115 SEC 303 Interchange Reconstruction, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Grays Ferry Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation and Montgomery Avenue Bridge Replacement, Philadelphia, PA
- Continuing M&M’s over three decades providing structural engineering services for complex bridge problems to PennDOT’s Bridge Office in Harrisburg, PA
Mr. Smith received his B.S. in Civil Engineering from West Virginia University. He went on to earn his Master of Engineering degree from Penn State University. He is a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Mr. Smith is actively involved in numerous engineering societies. including ACEC/PA, ASHE, ABCD-Susquehanna Chapter, and ASCE-Central PA Section, where he is a former Section President and continues his volunteer service as the Website Chair and Scholarship Chair for the Society.