Modjeski and Masters Welcomes Back Marty Smith in New York Region
Modjeski and Masters, Inc. (M&M) is pleased to announce the hiring of Marty Smith, PE. Mr. Smith joins the New York Structures Business Unit where he will use his more than 21 years of experience to lead bridge design and rehabilitation projects throughout the region. Mr. Smith previously worked in M&M's Mechanicsburg office.
Throughout his career, Mr. Smith has led design, analysis, rehabilitation, and inspection of bridges. His experience includes new design, rehabilitation, rating, research, evaluation, inspection and construction support ranging from typical bridge structures to complex bridge structures. He is experienced in the structural modelling and analysis of a wide variety of bridge types using several commercially available FEA software packages and he has been involved in projects for multiple county, state, and federal agencies.
Mr. Smith has contributed to many notable projects, including:
- I-74 Mississippi River Bridge Arch Design, Bettendorf, IA
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge Cable Investigation, Philadelphia, PA
- Anthony Wayne Bridge Rehabilitation
- Lincoln Tunnel Approach Seismic Study
- Rehabilitation of the Bayonne Bridge. Bayonne, NJ
- Luzerne County Local Bridge Inspections, L00250, Luzerne County, PA
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission - Mon-Fayette Expressway, PA Route 51 to I-376 Project, Section 53B - Dravosburg and West Mifflin Boroughs, PA
- Ambassador Bridge Cable Strength Evaluation, Detroit, MI
“I am excited to have Marty back at M&M, and even more excited to have him help manage projects and mentor younger staff in the Poughkeepsie Office,” says New York Regional Director and Senior Vice President Quentin Johnson, PE. “We all look forward to working with Marty.”
Mr. Smith completed his bachelor's and master's degrees in civil engineering at Penn State University. He is a member of ASHE North East Penn Section.